Deanna Palm is the President of the Hillsboro Chamber. On this episode, she discusses all that she has learned in her 18 years at the President of the Hillsboro Chamber, and over 30 years working in the chamber of commerce world. We discuss her accomplishments, the function of the chamber, and parenting.
View this post on Instagram
For all of you out there from Hillsboro, have you ever wondered how Hillsboro became such a thriving little metropolis? . Deanna Palm, is the President of the Hillsboro Chamber, and I had the privelage of talking to her about her career. . One of the things she touched on is how Hillsboro’s flourishing community was no accident. It was the completion of a vision that was created over 20 years ago by the leaders that wanted to intentionally create a great place to live, work, and play. . Listen to the full episode with Deanna. . Episode 25 | Pursuit of Purpose Podcast
What Is The Hillsboro Chamber?
Questions Asked on this Podcast Episode
- Who are you and what do you do?
- How did you end up in the role you are in now?
- How has the role of the chamber of commerce changed since you first started in it?
- Hillsboro has to be one of the “bigger” suburbs in country with both Intel and Nike (and others) in the area.
- What do you find so interesting about what you do? Why are you passionate about it?
- Have you experienced much of an evolution or change in treatment of women in the work place since you started?
- How has the Chamber grown since you started?
- In a traditional business you have competition that you are up against, what is the competition or is their “competition” that you have to beat?
- What is the most exciting project you have worked on?
- Do you think of yourself as an entrepreneur or business owner? What are the difference between the two?
- What is your purpose as Deanna Palm aside from the chamber?
- Do you think you will ever pursue another career? What’s next? Anything you are really passionate about?
Contact Deanna Palm